At the suggestion of the ensemble's close associate, oboist Gordon Hunt (UK), Danish Chamber Players hosts an annual chamber music festival called "Summer Music at Fuglsang".
It takes place each year in August and has been on the agenda since 2001. The festival is highly acclaimed and offers the audience (who can also choose to reside at Fuglsang) a unique opportunity to explore a wide selection of cultural activities including a very intense chamber music programme in the course of just 5 consecutive days.
Danish Chamber Players perform most of the 8 concerts themselves, but each year guests are invited to join the ensemble, hold lectures, present new works to be premiered etc., and the list includes:
The festival is held at the premises of Fuglsang.
- Oboist Gordon Hunt, UK
- Composer Suzanne Giraud (F)
- Composer Karl Aage Rasmussen (DK)
- Double bass player Jeff Bradetich (US)
- Mezzo soprano Andrea Pellegrini (DK)
- Young artists from Lincoln Center CMS (US):
violinist Yura Lee and flutist SooYun Kim
- Composer and organist Naji Hakim (F)
- Composer Benjamin Yusupov (RUS/IS)